A while back, I received a question from a lawyer looking for an expert witness in a divorce proceeding. The basic question was, “Can you make money on Pinterest?”
Well, isn’t that a bit like asking, “Can you make money with a blog?” or even, “Can you make money opening a restaurant?” In all three cases the answer is OF COURSE! But, it’s certainly not a given.
So much of online marketing seems to be a mystery to many, and the recently published Social Media Marketer’s Survey by Social Media Examiner reveals that Pinterest in particular remains a mystery even for the pros.
Since it’s a great way to connect with friends, fans, and the world at large, I thought I’d answer the question via a Facebook Live broadcast. Go easy, it’s my first one broadcasting live from desktop. 🙂
Can you make money on PinterestPinterest FAQ: Can you make money on Pinterest?
To sum up, YES, you can make money with Pinterest. In these main ways:
- Affiliate links.
- Buyable pins.
- Pinning links to your products.
- Growing your email list with website traffic referrals. This last one is a fabulously sustainable method, but requires a solid content marketing strategy. Let me know if I can help with that!
Latest posts by Alisa Meredith (see all)
- The Facebook Advertiser’s Guide to Pinterest Advertising - July 12, 2018
- Improving Pinterest Ads with Keyword Match Types - April 4, 2018
- Smart Instagram Scheduling with Tailwind - March 16, 2018